The HPE Altoline 6960 Switch Series is an open-networking, disaggregated family of low latency 100/50/25GbE data center switches in a 1U form factor. Perfect for deployment in data center environments as 25GbE server access, or 100/50GbE spine switches. It is optimized for data center hot/cold aisle deployments with reversible airflow. The hardware support for VXLAN makes the Altoline 6960 ideal for deployment in multi-tenancy and overlay environments. You have the freedom to select the management and orchestration tools that best fit your IT environments and applications.
High 100/50/25GbE port density and low latency for demanding applications.
ONIE boot loader for a choice of network OSs and easy installation.
Open networking and disaggregated solution for customer choice.
VXLAN for efficient network virtualization overlay solutions.
100/50/25GbE, redundant fans and power supplies for the data center.
Open and Disaggregated Networking
- The HPE Altoline 6960 Switch Series is an open networking disaggregated solution that offers customers a choice of hardware platforms and network operating systems (NOS).
- It includes the Open Network Install Environment (ONIE) loader for easy installation of network OS.
- Choice of network operating systems, including Cumulus Networks Linux NOS, or Pica8 NOS.
- Choice of management and orchestration tools to support you from a growing ecosystem.
Wire Speed 100/50/25GbE for Scalability and Demanding Applications
- The HPE Altoline 6960 Switch Series provides high density 32 x 100GbE QSFP28 ports for high-performance and flexible deployments.
- Get up to 128 x 25GbE links for server scalability with breakout cables.
- Hardware VXLAN VTEP support for multi-tenancy and overlay technologies.
- Flexible 25GbE top-of-rack or 100/50GbE spine deployments.
High-performance Data Center Switching
- The HPE Altoline 6960 Switch Series delivers Layer 2 and Layer 3 switching capacity of 3.2 Tbps for the most demanding applications.
- Supports up to 2400 mpps throughput for data intensive environments.
- Low sub-400ns port-to-port latency for faster response time.
- Intel Atom 2538 CPU for additional processing power.
- Includes redundant power supplies and fans with hot/cold aisle deployments.
Simplicity and Lower TCO
- The HPE Altoline 6960 Switch Series simplifies switch deployment, management and orchestration with a choice of tools from robust Linux community and ecosystem.
- Streamlined hardware and software options for a better fit to customer needs.
- Choice of software common tools for use in server and networking.
- Economies of scale that meets the needs of cloud data centers.
- 32 x 100 Gigabit QSFP28