HPE Aruba 2920-48G-PoE+ 740 W - switch - 48 ports - managed - rack-mountable
The Aruba 2920 Switch Series provides security, scalability, and ease of use for enterprise edge, SMB and branch office networks. These Layer 3 switches are easy to deploy and manage with advanced security and network management tools like Aruba ClearPass Policy Manager, Aruba AirWave and cloud-based Aruba Central. The 2920 supports modular stacking, 10GbE, RIP and Access OSPF routing, Tunneled node, PoE+, ACLs, sFlow, robust QoS and IPv6. It is ready for the software defined network with REST APIs and OpenFlow support. The Aruba 2920 is end of sale.
HPE Aruba 2920-48G-POE+ 740W Switch
Aruba Layer 3 switch series with stacking, static & RIP routing, IPv6, ACLs, and sFlow for a better mobile-first campus experience Supports ClearPass Policy Manager and Airwave Network Management Simplify with Zero Touch Provisioning and cloud-based Aruba Central support Modular 10GbE uplinks and upgradeable power supplies for up to 1440W PoE+
Flexible and Scalable Access Layer Switches
- The Aruba 2920 Switch Series provides security, scalability, and ease of use for enterprise edge, SMB, and branch office networks.
- Cost-effective, pay-as-you-grow modular stacking support for up to four 10GBASE-T (or SFP+) links and upgradeable power supplies allow your network to quickly scale when needed.
- Robust Layer 3 feature set includes static and RIP routing, Access OSPF routing, ACLs, sFlow, IPv6, and requires no software licensing.
- Designed with a powerful ProVision ASIC and support for OpenFlow, the Aruba 2920 is ready for the software defined network with REST APIs and OpenFlow support.
- Optimized for the digital workplace with unified management tools such as Aruba ClearPass Policy Manager, Aruba Airwave and Aruba Central. Provides optimal configuration automatically when connected to Aruba access points for PoE priority, VLAN configuration, and rogue AP containment.
High Performance and Power at the Edge
- The Aruba 2920 Switch Series is designed with a powerful ProVision ASIC, providing low latency, increased packet buffering, and adaptive power consumption so the network can support the media-rich, bandwidth-intensive applications your business demands.
- Increase performance with selectable queue configurations and associated memory buffering that meet your network application requirements.
- With up to 740 W of internal PoE+ power, the Aruba 2920 Switch Series can easily scale to 1440 Watts with a simple connection to an external power supply (EPS) or redundant power supply (RPS).
- Plug and play stacking with automated failover enhances network resiliency and RPS support delivers power redundancy.
- Efficient 80 PLUS Silver Grade Power Supplies, Energy Efficient Ethernet, and LLDP-MED conserve energy resources. Removable power supplies reduce downtime during upgrades and servicing.
Security and Quality of Service (QoS)You Can Rely on
- The Aruba 2920 Switch Series includes security and quality of services features to build a network that meets ever-changing corporate policies and compliances and help protect your data from both inside and outside attacks.
- Flexible authentication options include standards based security protocols such as 802.1X, and MAC and Web for greater, policy-driven application security.
- Powerful, multilevel-access security controls include source-port filtering, RADIUS/TACACS+, SSL, Port Security, and MAC address lockout.
- Tunneled node to transport network traffic on a per-port basis to Aruba controller with authentication and network policies applied and enforced at the controller.
Simplify with Integrated Wired/Wireless Management
- The Aruba 2920 Switch Series supports Aruba ClearPass Policy Manager for unified and consistent policy between wired and wireless users and simplifies implementation and management of guest login, user onboarding, network access, security, QoS, and other network policies.
- Supports Aruba Airwave to provide common platform for Zero-Touch Provisioning management, and monitoring for wired and wireless network devices.
- Cloud-based management supported by Aruba Central.
- RMON and sFlow provide advanced monitoring and reporting capabilities for statistics, history, alarms, and events.
- Out-of-band Ethernet management port keeps management traffic segmented from your network data traffic.
- 44 x 10/100/1000 (PoE+) + 4 x combo Gigabit SFP
- PoE+ (740 W)
||(44) RJ-45 autosensing 10/100/1000 PoE+ ports
(4) RJ-45 dual-personality 10/100/1000 PoE+ ports
(2) module slots
|Memory and processor
||Tri Core ARM1176 @ 625 MHz
512 MB SDRAM
Packet buffer size: 11.25 MB (6.75 MB dynamic egress + 4.5 MB ingress)
1 GB flash
||100 Mb Latency: < 9 µs
1000 Mb Latency: < 3.2 µs
10 Gbps Latency: < 3.2 µs
||up to 130.9 Mpps
||740 W PoE+
||Aruba AirWave Network Management
IMC - Intelligent Management Center
Out-of-band management (RJ-45 Ethernet)
In-line and out-of-band
Out-of-band management (serial RS-232C or micro USB)
|Power supply name
||1 x J9737A
||110 - 240 VAC, rated
|Operating temperature range
||0 to 55°C
|Operating humidity range
||15 to 95% (noncondensing)
||881 W (maximum)
||482 BTU/hr (508.51 kJ/hr)
|Product dimensions (H x W x D)
||17.42 x 13.23 x 1.73 in
- (1) Aruba 2920-48G-POE+ 740W Switch, (1) Power Supply, (1) Installation Manual, (1) Power Cord